Last updated on August 5th, 2018 at 12:28 pm
An American in Rome is a blog created by Natalie Kennedy – a freelance writer in Rome, Italy. Natalie has been living in Rome since 2010 and started the blog that same year as a resource for what to see, do and eat in the Eternal City. She travels regularly and offers a platform for showcasing life beyond Rome as well.
Before moving to Rome, Natalie graduated from UCLA with a degree in writing and worked as an editor. She has more than 10 years of freelance writing experience, contributing to Time Out, Eater, Tripsavvy, Italy Magazine, Expedia UK, and more. She has extensive experience creating app content (such as Discover Rome), as well as the Italian destination guides for other travel apps.
If you are interested in discussing a future commission, please be in touch via email at email@example.com.
Some of my writing samples include:
- How to Spend Three Days on Ischia (Fodor’s)
- 14 Best Places to Eat in Rome (for Thrillist)
- Modern meals at Madrid’s best old world markets (for Elsewhere)
- Great coffee in Rome (for Sprudge)
A walk through Testaccio for La Repubblica’s Guida ai sapori e ai piaceri di Roma e Lazio 2017
Testaccio Market and La Pignasecca for The World Atlas of Street Food
Select Clips from 2018:
- Nine Enchanting Rome Neighborhoods (Eater)
- The Coffee Guide to Rome (Sprudge)
- How to Eat Like a Local in Rome (Time Out)
Select Clips from 2017:
- Take a trip back in time to Palm Springs’ dreamiest mid-century modern hotels (Elsewhere)
- Best beach hikes in Europe (Expedia UK)
- Roll up to PARK Bar, the car park serving cocktails in the Portuguese capital (Elsewhere)
Select Clips from 2016: