The Discover Rome App: A Modern Travel and Food Guide

Buongiorno!

Today I am absolutely thrilled to announce the launch of my new app – Discover Rome.

For the past several months, I have been revisiting some of my favorite Rome shops, restaurants, bars, museums and parks in order to create the travel guide to Rome that I always wished existed (with the help of my very patient husband, Jimmy).

The app is easy to use, and designed to look like this blog.

It includes original text, photos of each location, as well as practical information like opening hours, phone numbers and addresses.

Best of all, the app has offline maps, making it easy to navigate around the city, even when you don’t have data.

If you are looking for a coffee place? Simply scroll through that category and you will be able to find the recommended shops closest to you.

While the right food, snacks and drinks are an incredibly important part of exploring Rome, the Discover Rome app is a one stop guide. In addition to food, it includes entries on some of the major sites and unmissable locations throughout the city, so it can guide you to the Pantheon as easily as it can point you towards a stunning rooftop bar.

In addition to more than 150 suggested locations, the app also answers frequently asked questions about navigating the city – including everything from what to pack to how to use Rome’s metro system.

Discover Rome is currently available from the Apple app store. If you would like to receive a one time email announcement when an android version is available, please enter your email address here.

Questions? Feedback? Suggestions? I would love to hear them all!

• Reply Lisa Schwarz June 28, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Hi Nathalie
    Well done with the App! Can you already predict when the Android version will be available (like this summer, fall, next year,..)?

Cheers, Lisa

• Reply Natalie June 28, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Hi Lisa – Thanks very much! It should be available later this summer or in early fall. If you would like to sign up here, I will send an email as soon as it is available!

• Reply The Smartphone App you need when visiting Rome, by a local Travel Blogger - Joy della Vita - Travelblog June 28, 2017 at 3:15 pm

[…] put together by Rome-based blogger Nathalie from An American in Rome, she added recommendations for Dining, Snacking, Bars but also Sights, Museums, Parks, of course […]

• Reply Len Corsetti June 28, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Can the app be made available for iPad? It only shows on iPhone and I use a cheap phone/SIM in Italy and use my IPad.

• Reply Natalie June 28, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Hello Len! For the time being, the app is available only for iPhones but I will certainly update if that changes!

• Reply Melissa Elliott June 28, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Oh so disappointing, I am travelling to Rome next year and have been doing so much research. I would love this app! But I’m on an android Samsung phone – not iPhone. Will this app be made available for Android?

• Reply Natalie June 28, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Hi Melissa! We hope that the android version will be available soon. If you would like to leave your email here, I will send a quick message when it is live!

• Reply Anne June 28, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I love this! All our favourites and so much more, So easy to use and I really appreciate the links on each entry. Great Job

• Reply Divya: Gone With A Whim June 29, 2017 at 4:44 am

How exciting! đŸ™‚ Congrats Natalie, I can’t wait to check it out (and hopefully use it soon!) Xx

• Reply Natalie June 29, 2017 at 9:35 am

Thanks so much, Divya!

• Reply Damien O'Farrell July 5, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Great initiative! Well done!

• Reply Natalie July 7, 2017 at 7:21 am

Thanks very much, Damien!

• Reply GC July 16, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Just downloaded this app. You have misspelled the name of Ristorante Saluneria Roscioli.

• Reply Natalie July 16, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Thank you! It will be corrected in the next update!